Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mirco Bharpalania <bh...@darmstadt.gmd.de> on 2001/09/04 15:18:44 UTC

adding user via telnet

Hi!
I am new to JAMES and have the following question:
I installed and configured JAMES and have the message "avalon runner...".
When I try to connect to localhost on Port 4555 I get an error message
saying "Could not open a connection to host: connection failed". I am
running it on WIN2000, is that the problem? What should I do to be able to
connect via telnet?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

RE: adding user via telnet

Posted by Niall Murphy <ni...@wallaware.com>.
I am using win2000 right now - that is not the problem.
If you only get "Alalon runner " on the console then something is wrong,
since it should print more stuff about where it finds the config directory
etc.
Make sure that your current directory is bin when you run it. Make sure you
launch from the command console (and not by clicking on the icon of the
batch file).

Telneting to 4555 is the right thing to do, but your james has not gotten
that far.
	Niall