Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ".rp" <pr...@afts.com> on 2010/01/07 18:07:17 UTC

problem with a date rule

The FH_DATE_PAST_20XX is getting triggered on our system this week. It did not happen
last week when the year 2010 started. The first triggered event seems to have been Jan 5th.

The Spam Report header reads:
 *  3.4 FH_DATE_PAST_20XX The date is grossly in the future.

but looking at the rest of the headers, the years seem fine:
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:23:31 -0800
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MA...@___.com>

The original message was received at Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:23:27 -0800
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost
Arrival-Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:23:27 -0800
---------------------------

This is not happening with all the email, but I am not able to come up with a pattern yet.
Anyone else having this problem?

Re: problem with a date rule

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
I suggest you read the homepage: http://spamassassin.apache.org/

If this didn't help you, then please give more details about how you use
SA and what you did to correct the problem.

Kai

Re: problem with a date rule

Posted by Robert Ober <ro...@robob.com>.
Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> rp wrote on Thu, 07 Jan 2010 09:07:17 -0800:
>

>> Anyone else having this problem?
>>

> You should have read the list or googled first.
>
> Kai

Well,  I have googled it and read lot's of stuff and the problem
persists.  I have a server on CentOS 5.3 with spamassassin-3.2.5-1.el5
from that distribution.  They have no newer according to yum.  The
local.cf fix did not change anything after restarting spamassassin.

For some reason spamassassin hates me, which is my reason for joining
this list some time ago.  I still plan to implement it on another server
that does not want to let it work.  So, someone please help me so I can
move on to other LATE projects.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Re: problem with a date rule