Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ajay Chander <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/15 14:44:41 UTC

ELK_on_Hive

Hi Team,

I would like to get your opinion on implementing ELK on Hive. Right now, we
have some tables in Hive and we would like to visualize those
tables/generate a reports. Is ELK known to do this kind of stuff or what
would you recommend ? Thanks

-
Aj

Re: ELK_on_Hive

Posted by Sumit Khanna <su...@askme.in>.
Well i believe you may have a look at relevant logstash input plugins to
intakr data from corr. Hdfs /s3 and output it to some index using elastic
search plugin.  Kibana follows up easy thenafter..

However..was wondering to experinebt hive table visualizations using pivot
or other tools..i dont think metabase d serve the purpose .. shall keep you
posted.

Regards,
Sumit