Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 11:27:21 UTC

[DAS] Column Converter - why not to associate with ResultDescriptor?

With JIRA-1465, ResultDescriptor can be set dynamically for DAS Commands
which are created with DAS.createCommand().

Further on this, will it be helpful to associate ColumnConverter with
ResultDescriptor? So, when there is no Config File, user will have
a choice to use ColumnConveter on-the-fly /Command basic from inside the
dynamic ResultDescriptor.

The scope of this converter will be per Command. Whereas, the
ColumnConverter we define in Config File in<Table><Column>, has a scope of
Table.

When column conveter is available for a Command, it will be used  and in its
absence, the one available at <Table/Column> scope will be use and in its
absence it will be Default/No converter as usual.

This will have a benefit for clients, which need frequent use of column
converter and have changing needs (based on say, Locale, TimeZone,....).

Suggestions?

Regards,
Amita

Re: [DAS] Column Converter - why not to associate with ResultDescriptor?

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
Nice idea, I have no objections about your propose. But, I think we need
some more opnions from those who helped to implement Java DAS, mainly the
ColumnConverters.

Regards,
Adriano Crestani