Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2006/01/13 15:04:35 UTC

Rename of "core" to "engine" coming up

As discussed with Will @ AC05, the current "core" subversion repository will
be renamed to "engine". This should help to remove confusion about what is
Velocity Engine and what is Velocity Core (it is the same thing. :-).

THIS MEANS, THAT ALL SUBVERSION PATHES WILL ALSO CHANGE!

This is unfortunate but getting it done before we do the 1.5 release (the
first subversion based release) is really important or we will be stuck with
this core/engine name forever.

I will rename the repository and all references sometime tomorrow,
saturday 14th in the afternoon (CET timezone) unless a cry of rage or
dismay rises here. :-) )

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

SVN repository re-org: Rename of "core" to "engine" complete

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@apache.org>.
The rename of Subversion repository's "core" directory to "engine" is
complete.  You'll need to perform a full 'svn switch' to adjust any
old working copies for the new location.  ('switch --relocate' doesn't
work because it will only change the repository portion of the URL.)

You'll need to:

1) Identify your working copy's URL, which will vary depending upon
whether you checked out over SSL or not:

velocity$ svn info | grep URL

2) Re-base your working copy from "core" to "engine":

velocity$ svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/velocity/engine/trunk
U    test/misc/README.txt
U    xdocs/docs/developer-guide.xml
U    xdocs/webapps.xml
U    xdocs/index.xml
U    src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/parser/Parser.jj
U    src/java/org/apache/velocity/context/AbstractContext.java
U    WHY_TWO_JARS.txt
U    project.properties
U    project.xml
Updated to revision 370300.

Re: Rename of "core" to "engine" coming up

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi Henning,

I'm ok with this.  Let's double-check that any or all links in the docs are
updated.  We missed one last time.  A grep for "svn.apache.org" should catch
this.

And for those who have already checked out the code, doing "svn switch" with
the new URL in your working directory should switch over the URL to the new
file.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
go for it! :)