Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Ringsak, Hans" <Ha...@state.mn.us> on 2008/12/16 21:27:44 UTC

Request/Reply using a predefined reply queue

Hi,

I am using Camel 1.5.0, and I would like to implement the request/reply pattern. We have a mainframe system that will accept a message, and send back a message to a predetermined reply queue (not a temporary queue). I want my Java application to block, after sending a request, until I get a response from the mainframe system. Is there a way to do this in Camel?

Thanks In Advance,
-Hans Ringsak

Re: Request/Reply using a predefined reply queue

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Camel JMS component support the request/reply pattern.

You just need set your jms endpoint URI like this
jms:queue:test.a?replyTo=queue:test.a.reply
You also can set the requestTimeout parameter to what you want.

You can find more options about jms component here[1]

[1]http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jms.html

Willem