Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Pavel Vazharov <pa...@x3me.net> on 2024/04/22 14:21:36 UTC

Is there ready functionality for disabling caching of particular objects

Hi there,

Is there existing ATS functionality or plugin through which can be disabled
caching of particular objects by URL or regex?

Thanks,
Pavel.

Re: Is there ready functionality for disabling caching of particular objects

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.
(And there are close examples on that page:
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/header_rewrite.en.html#check-for-existence-of-a-header
and
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/header_rewrite.en.html#add-cache-control-headers-based-on-origin-path

Posted by Pavel Vazharov <pa...@x3me.net>.
On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 6:26 PM Nuno Vargas <nu...@nos.pt> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> You can use cache.config:
>
> url_regex=something action=never-cache
>

> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/admin-guide/files/cache.config.en.html

Thank you. Will look into it.

Posted by Nuno Vargas <nu...@nos.pt>.
Hi,

Posted by Pavel Vazharov <pa...@x3me.net>.
Yes, this seems like an option. I need to think more about it. Thank you
for the idea.

Posted by dave seddon <da...@gmail.com>.
I guess you could rewrite the headers
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/header_rewrite.en.html

On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 7:31 AM Pavel Vazharov <pa...@x3me.net> wrote:

> Thank you for the response.
>
> Unfortunately we don't have control over the upstream http servers in this
> case.
> We need to make sure that we don't cache particular objects while working
> as a forward proxy.
> I think, I can write a C++ plugin for this. I was just trying to find if
> there is a ready solution before writing our own.
>
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 5:26 PM dave seddon <da...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The "cleanest" way is for the upstream http server to add cache control
>> headers
>>
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Cache-Control
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 22, 2024, 07:22 Pavel Vazharov <pa...@x3me.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Is there existing ATS functionality or plugin through which can be
>>> disabled caching of particular objects by URL or regex?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Pavel.

Dave Seddon
+1 415 857 5102

Re: Is there ready functionality for disabling caching of particular objects

Posted by Pavel Vazharov <pa...@x3me.net>.
Thank you for the response.

Posted by dave seddon <da...@gmail.com>.