Posted to user@struts.apache.org by René Thol <Re...@porsche.de> on 2004/12/01 12:05:30 UTC

Problem using MessageResources

Hello everybody,

I'm still using struts1.0.2 (I have to) and have a problem regarding
message resources.

The locale in my requests is always de and I'm setting a de_DE locale
using the following:

session.setAttribute(Action.LOCALE_KEY, locale);

But when I'm fetching my messages a line later in this manner:

MessageResources messages = getResources();

and access them I only get the texts of my default properties file but
not of my de-propertyfile.

Why?

Can please somebody tell me what went wrong and where I can get (webpage
etc.) an insight in
strut's modus operandi regarding Message Resources and Locales?

I did not yet find a webpage where this behaviour of struts is
described. Which locale do I have to set where
in order to get the corresponding MessagaResources by calling
getResources() within my Action class.

Kind regards

--
	René Thol