Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Ian Zabel <ia...@ezabel.com> on 2008/08/08 21:35:49 UTC

Logging Query Execution Time

Afternoon, all.

I'd like to easily enable logging of the time it takes to run iBATIS queries.

I found this article which is the basic idea
http://www.learntechnology.net/content/misc/aop_oldskool.jsp But, it's
written to use the deprecated iBATIS DAO.

Is there any built-in way to enable this nowadays? Just don't want to
reinvent the wheel...

Ian.

Re: Logging Query Execution Time

Posted by Ian Zabel <ia...@ezabel.com>.
Hey, what'ya know! haha

At this point in time, I'm not using Spring w/ iBATIS. Just using my
own DAO objects, and tomcat's JNDI connection. I've been considering
moving to use Spring, but I'm not sure what it actually gets me (other
than more XML to configure for all my DAOs, heh)... Is using Spring w/
iBATIS required to use AOP for timings?

I've never used Spring AOP, so it would probably be a great learning
process for me.

But, of course, a lesson would be very much appreciated!

Ian.

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
Hey, I wrote that...