Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by mi...@telia.fi on 2001/01/18 13:28:20 UTC

[C2] Lame taglib question

I try to use a request parameter in my XSL file (e.g.
http://something.com/test.html?name=test )

I am doing this with <xsp-request:get-parameter name="name"/> tag and defining
the xsp-request namespace in the XSL file.

It doesn't work!

I think it is because the stylesheet is not defined as a xsp page. How do I do
this?

The source xml is a flat file and not an XSP.

Thanks in advance!

Mika

Re: [C2] Lame taglib question

Posted by "Peter C. Verhage" <pe...@zeelandnet.nl>.
: you can't. you can, however, access request parameters by declaring them
: as xsl parameters:
:
: <xsl:param name="name"/>

I've tried that once btw, the problem is the request parameter of the first
time you try it get's parsed into the source, and then it get's recompiled.
So next time it does not look at the request parameter anymore. This is a
while ago btw, so maybe things have changed...

Peter

Re: [C2] Lame taglib question

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 mika.borner@telia.fi wrote:

> I try to use a request parameter in my XSL file (e.g.
> http://something.com/test.html?name=test )
>
> I am doing this with <xsp-request:get-parameter name="name"/> tag and defining
> the xsp-request namespace in the XSL file.
>
> It doesn't work!
>
> I think it is because the stylesheet is not defined as a xsp page. How
> do I do this?

you can't. you can, however, access request parameters by declaring them
as xsl parameters:

<xsl:param name="name"/>

it works in c1, and should work in c2.

- donald