Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Enrico Pasqualotto <en...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/04 17:46:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Dynamic add proxy member using balancer-manager

Hi all, it's some days that I'm trying to manage proxy member of my cluster
using the web gui (balancer-manager) but I'm only able to manage the
enable/disable and member weight.
I'm using apache 2.4.7 and this is my virtual-host config:

        ServerName www.mysite.it
        ProxyPreserveHost Off
        ProxyRequests off
        ProxyPass /proxy-status !
        # BalancerGrowth 10 <-- test

        ProxyPass / balancer://hotcluster/
        <Proxy balancer://hotcluster>
                BalancerMember http://ip1 loadfactor=1 timeout=5 retry=2
                BalancerMember http://ip2 status=+H timeout=5
                BalancerMember http://ip3 status=+H timeout=5
                ProxySet failontimeout=on
        </Proxy>

Into the web gui I saw MaxMember 3 (3 used) but I don't know if it can help
me.

There's other to configure to permit the add/remove of member IP from web
interface?

Thanks

Enrico.

Re: [users@httpd] Dynamic add proxy member using balancer-manager

Posted by Enrico Pasqualotto <en...@gmail.com>.
I've try to add it like this:

BalancerGrowth 5

inside the virtulhost or into the proxy balancer directive but nothing
changes (always 3/3).

As I have more then one cluster where's the right place?

Thanks

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> because those elements are stored in shared memory, you can't
> simply just "add a new member" since it would involve allocating
> new shmem and copying stuff over, etc. So what we do is, during
> init, see how many members you have configed, and then allow
> you to add some "empty slots" for growth. That's what the BalancerGrowth
> option does.
>
> Looks like you need to set it to some number to allow you
> to then add new members.
>
> > On Dec 4, 2014, at 11:46 AM, Enrico Pasqualotto <
> enrico.pasqualotto@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, it's some days that I'm trying to manage proxy member of my
> cluster using the web gui (balancer-manager) but I'm only able to manage
> the enable/disable and member weight.
> > I'm using apache 2.4.7 and this is my virtual-host config:
> >

> >         ServerName www.mysite.it
> >         ProxyPreserveHost Off
> >         ProxyRequests off
> >         ProxyPass /proxy-status !
> >         # BalancerGrowth 10 <-- test
> >
> >         ProxyPass / balancer://hotcluster/
> >         <Proxy balancer://hotcluster>
> >                 BalancerMember http://ip1 loadfactor=1 timeout=5 retry=2
> >                 BalancerMember http://ip2 status=+H timeout=5
> >                 BalancerMember http://ip3 status=+H timeout=5
> >                 ProxySet failontimeout=on
> >         </Proxy>
> >
> > Into the web gui I saw MaxMember 3 (3 used) but I don't know if it can
> help me.
> >
> > There's other to configure to permit the add/remove of member IP from
> web interface?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Enrico.
> > --