Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Pardeike <ap...@fsys.se> on 2007/03/12 14:38:06 UTC

Re: Why is IE6 freezing? [Solution!]

Thanks Martin,

Yes, I was using this for testing. I have now switched back to my
defaults and
the problem persists.

UPDATE: after E-N-D-L-E-S-S testing, I found the problem:

dojo + tomcat + compression + IE6 -> BAD

I commented out

> compression="on" compressionMinSize="2048"
> noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"
> compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,image/gif"

and everything works again.

This took me 5 hours and I can honestly say that I really really
*hate* IE now
(I knew I hated it before, but I didn't realize how deeply).

Andreas Pardeike

Posted by baleksandar <a_...@gmx.net>.
Hi Andreas,

we have almost the same problem (msie freezing, javascript errors) by using
tomcat + tapestry 4.1 + MSIE.

we hope maybe you could  give us some hints how to solve this issue
especially because i see that  your web page http://www.fsbutiken.se
doesn't work 100% well on msie, and i thought you are still working on the
fix? did you already realize that your page sometimes returns javascript
errors?

Unfortunatelly, the solution you mentioned earlier doesn't work for as - our
server had all the time the compression flag turned off. the question is
does it really work for you?
we've tested our application using at least three client computers with same
configured msie browsers. Sometimes (but not always) we got the javascript
errors such
"tapestry.form" object doesn't exist or the msie just start to freeze. These
errors always appear in
conjunction with use of tapestry SubmitLink component. we can not reproduce
that...

best regards,

aleks