Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Serge Sozonoff <se...@globalbeach.com> on 2002/07/18 23:04:32 UTC

Injecting mail into JAMES

Hi list,

I would like to inject mail directly into the JAMES spooler from another Java application, any hints as to the
best way to do this?

I am trying to gain a bit of time here whils't I am trying to learn the ins and outs of JAMES and AVALON.

Thanks, Serge

Re: Injecting mail into JAMES

Posted by Ramon Gonzalez <ra...@prarl.org>.
Hello,

I wrote a Java stand-alone application that does this from a message stored
on a database, but I didn't do anything special in JAMES, since SMTP already
does this for you.

I use JavaMail API to do this, so just write a simple client that shoves the
message to JAMES. There are TONS of examples on the web, including many of
the JAMES mailets. Why try to defeat a protocol that was designed to do
this?

Posted by Andrei Ivanov <my...@surfeu.fi>.
SMTP server does this "injection" for you already (using only 500 lines of
code on its own, great implementation of SMTP by James author). Another
options would be for example SOAP also rmi etc. I think, in any case you'll
need server application to do this for you, but since you have already smtp
why will you need something else?
Andrei