Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Daniel,Wu" <ha...@163.com> on 2011/07/28 15:20:36 UTC

/tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name is in an inconsistent state

When I started hadoop, the namenode failed to startup because of the following error. The strange thing is that it says/tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name isinconsistent, but I don't think I have configured it as /tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name. Where should I check for the related configuration?
  2011-07-28 21:07:35,383 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.InconsistentFSStateException: Directory /tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name is in an inconsistent state: storage directory does not exist or is not accessible.

Re: /tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name is in an inconsistent state

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <ma...@huawei.com>.
Hi,

Before starting, you need to format the namenode.
./hdfs namenode -format

then this directories will be created.

respective configuration is 'dfs.namenode.name.dir'

default configurations will exist in hdfs-default.xml.
If you want to configure your own directory path, you can add the above property in hdfs-site.xml file.

Regards,
Uma Mahesh
 This email and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained here in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!