Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ray Allis <ra...@boeing.com> on 2001/10/22 23:32:48 UTC

Re: how to configure the server in the binary dist?

O.K., I'm stumped.  what do I put in conf/slide/app.conf/data/def so I
can use
8080/app and webdav to 8081/app as the documentation promises?

I've tried 50 (it seems) combinations and I usually get a new directory
at /server/app
which stops me from getting to my app on 8080, but will store from
webdav.  I have
never succeeded in getting to /webapps/app with webdav.  I'm so
confused! ;-)

I'm using jakarta-slide-1.0.15 on Solaris 8 SPARC.
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)

Ray Allis

Re: how to configure the server in the binary dist?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.
> O.K., I'm stumped.  what do I put in conf/slide/app.conf/data/def so I
> can use
> 8080/app and webdav to 8081/app as the documentation promises?
>
> I've tried 50 (it seems) combinations and I usually get a new directory
> at /server/app
> which stops me from getting to my app on 8080, but will store from
> webdav.  I have
> never succeeded in getting to /webapps/app with webdav.  I'm so
> confused! ;-)
>
> I'm using jakarta-slide-1.0.15 on Solaris 8 SPARC.
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)

You also have to edit conf/slide.xml, and add something like:

  <namespace name="app">
     <definition ref="slide/app.def" />
     <configuration ref="slide/app.conf" />
     <data ref="slide/app.data" />
  </namespace>

to declare the namespace.

I'm not sure I understand the second part of the question. Could you clarify
a bit ?

Remy