Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2014/11/05 15:51:53 UTC

Re: Cordova: Comment on Deleting hidekeyboard and showkeyboard Events

Seems like a candidate for 4.0.x branch? I think those that want to know
about the keyboard just use Ionic's keyboard plugin anyways, since that
works with newer Android versions.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Bumping this up again - Joe, still think this code is worth maintaining? Or
maybe just want to wait for 5.0 before removing it?

Posted by Kevin Nuss <ke...@infoproc.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
This came up because it doesn't work. I'm not dead set against it, but I
think there are concrete reasons why it's a good idea to drop (which I've
listed out).

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Michal, are you trolling?

The goal of ceasing to exist is not about being replaced, it is about
seeing the browser implement the features intrinsically.
What happens when Ionic decides not to update their plugin, or abandons it?

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.