Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/03 15:31:55 UTC

Re: exposing exceptions that caused a rollback

Hi David,

Discussed that point with Kevan on IRC.
It would be great if we could push that change. That's really something
users are always asking for.

As soon as you have something ready and release, let us know. I would be
more than happy to change a bit OpenEJB to use the init cause.

Thanks a lot.

Jean-Louis

Re: exposing exceptions that caused a rollback

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

No didn't get time to work on :-(

If you have time, feel free to push a patch file. I would be more than happy
to commit it for you.

Jean-Louis

Re: exposing exceptions that caused a rollback

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Posting the following message upon request by Ashish Jain as his posts are
getting rejected by mail server with reason spam score blah blah blah...
-----
Hi Jean-Louis,

It seems David has already applied a patch to GERONIMO-4576. IIUC OpenEJB
needs to be patched for OPENEJB-1091 so
that it works perfectly. Do you have a patch ready for this as I see David's
last comments that using the TransactionRolledBackLocalException may also
not fix this problem entirely.

Thanks
Ashish
-----
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:51 AM, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Jean-Louis,
>
> I fixed up the 2.1.1 and later tm branches to include the fix so the
> RollbackException should now be including a reasonable cause.
>
> I assigned OPENEJB-1091 to you and added a few comments and a link to some
> mail.  It would be really great if you have time to change openejb to "start
> with" the TransactionRolledBackLocalException and convert it to
> TransactionRolledBackException if necessary, but I don't think this is
> really needed just to get it to work.
>
> thanks!
> david jencks
>
> On Mar 3, 2011, at 6:31 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Discussed that point with Kevan on IRC.
> > It would be great if we could push that change. That's really something
> > users are always asking for.
> >
> > As soon as you have something ready and release, let us know. I would be
> > more than happy to change a bit OpenEJB to use the init cause.
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Jean-Louis
> >
> > --

Vamsi

--------
SpeakAsiaOnline - Consumer Empowerment
Get your opinion heard and get paid too :)
http://www.speakasiaonline.com/
--------
Zero Budget Natural Farming - The future of Indian Agriculture
http://palekarzerobudgetnaturalfarming.com/

Re: exposing exceptions that caused a rollback

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jean-Louis,