Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/06 17:14:39 UTC

Re: Releasing 2.4

Hi All,

Thinking aloud:

It feels like the changes we are discussing in LOG4J-812 and LOG4J-1074 are
important and tricky to get right.

I wonder if the project would benefit from releasing the large set of
fixes, features, and updates we have now as 2.4 and then getting back to
working on LOG4J-812 and LOG4J-1074 for 2.5.

Thoughts?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

Re: Releasing 2.4

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
I believe we are in agreement for 1074 (pls let me know if not) and I just need to implement it. Doesn't seem very tricky, should be able to complete coming weekend. Would like to include it if possible.

I have a fix ready for 1030 (header at top of file only). If we can agree on that I can commit (tests all pass).

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Releasing 2.4

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I think that's an NPE.