Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Patrick Martin <pa...@sungard.com> on 2004/07/08 15:10:19 UTC

Mapper: renaming + flattening

Hi,

I want to copy files somewhere renaming them after their path.

For example, I have the following tree:
Dir-a/subdir/file.template
Dir-b/subdir/file.template
Dir-c/subdir/file.template

And I want to copy those 3 files as
a.file
b.file
c.file

Here is what I tried:
<copy todir="dest">
  <fileset dir="." includes="Dir-*/subdir/file.template"/>
  <mapper type="regexp" from="Dir-(.*)/subdir/file\.template$$"
to="\1.file"/>
</copy>

But nothing gets copied and there is no error output. With -debug, it seems
that the copy task does not find any file...

I also tried the following mapper, with the same result:
  <mapper type="glob" from="Dir-*/subdir/file.template" to="*.file"/>

Thank you,

Patrick

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message is
intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s)
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or
an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

Message confidentiel : Les informations contenues dans ce message sont
destinees a un usage personnel et confidentiel du destinataire indique
ci-dessus. Si le lecteur de ce message n'est pas le destinataire prevu, ou
n'est pas une personne en charge de le delivrer au destinataire voulu, vous
etes par la presente informe que vous avez recu ce document par erreur, et
que tout examen, transmission, distribution ou copie de ce message est
totalement interdit. Si vous avez recu cette communication par erreur, nous
vous remercions de bien vouloir nous avertir immediatement par e-mail et de
detruire le message d'origine.

Re: Mapper: renaming + flattening

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.
Your example works fine for me.
<target name="c">
    <mkdir dir="Dir-a/subdir"/>
    <mkdir dir="Dir-b/subdir"/>
    <mkdir dir="Dir-c/subdir"/>
    <touch file="Dir-a/subdir/file.template"/>
    <touch file="Dir-b/subdir/file.template"/>
    <touch file="Dir-c/subdir/file.template"/>
    <mkdir dir="dest"/>
    <copy todir="dest">
      <fileset dir="." includes="Dir-*/subdir/file.template"/>
      <mapper type="regexp" from="Dir-(.*)/subdir/file\.template$$"
              to="\1.file"/>
    </copy>
  </target>

outputs:
c:
Created dir: /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-a/subdir
Created dir: /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-b/subdir
Created dir: /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-c/subdir
Creating /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-a/subdir/file.template
Creating /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-b/subdir/file.template
Creating /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-c/subdir/file.template
Created dir: /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/dest
Copying 3 files to /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/dest

Peter