Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Nibal Sawaya <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/16 00:26:20 UTC

In reference to http://www.mail-archive.com/user@nutch.apache.org/msg09999.html (Get HTML content generated by Javascript)

Hello guys,
first of all; thank you for your hard work with Nutch.

I came across having the same requirement as the referenced issue:

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@nutch.apache.org/msg09999.html

I was wondering, since most websites nowadays (well since sometime now) are
Ajax driven and the rise

of Single Page Web-apps and JavaScript-only web-applications is
sky-rocketing.....well, isn't this a high priority issue????

At least as a plugin??

If I had the technical knowledge, I would have contributed, but I don't
think I have clearly gotten my head around understanding
Nutch fully yet.

Note: my small research led me to a lot of Java based implementation
including Selenium, HttpUnit and CrawlAjax being alternatives.
I was wondering if in case this does not appear to be a high priority, does
someone have any guidance to offer regarding this matter?

Awaiting your feedback,

Best Regards,
Nibal Sawaya