Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Mark S. Kent" <ma...@vistyx.com> on 2001/09/06 00:41:44 UTC

C1: Including XML in JSP pages

I'm still fairly new at this so forgive me if this is an obvious question.

First off, we are using JSP pages with Tomcat 3.2.1, JBoss 2.2.1 and Cocoon
1.8.2.
I have built XML and XSL files to run a report using xsp:logic statements to
create a dynamic query string (esql) and have the formatted HTML page
complete.

What I'd like to do is to "include" the XML page request as a "jsp:include"
so it will process the requested file (returning HTML output) and drop it
into the current JSP page that has all of my user security and other stuff
already there.  This sounds like a better solution than including gobs of
JSP code in the xsp:logic section of the XML file.  Does that sound right?

If so, what are the commands for the jsp:include section of the JSP to
"feed" a query string to the esql section of the XML file (along with maybe
an XSL stylesheet "type" like HTML, or PDF from the previous page's report
options?).

Thanks!
Mark