Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/10/09 01:22:16 UTC

Strange mapping request error

Hi all,

I am getting some very bizaare behavior out of tomcat, I'm hoping this
makes sense to somebody.

I have three virtual hosts defined in a tomcat v4.0 server.xml file. All
three hosts have an identical configuration, the only difference between
them are the root directories of the virtual hosts, the contexts of
which are defined like this:

        <Context path="/"
                 docBase="blunt"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true"
                 trusted="false" >
        </Context>

In all three virtual hosts, a directory is defined under the document
root for that virtual host called "images", so that
http://blunt.localhost/images/ is served from this directory using
simple static files by the tomcat standalone webserver.

Now for the problem: In the first two virtual hosts, the images
directory works great. In the third case, an attempt to access the
images directory results in the following error in the browser:

 HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request

And the following line in the log for this virtual host:

2001-10-08 17:53:16 StandardHost[blunt.localhost]: MAPPING configuration
error for request URI

Unfortunately the above error message doesn't give any kind of clue as
to what kind of config error it might be referring to, or which config
file that might contain the error, leaving me to guess wildly, which has
proved useless so far.

I have checked all the obvious stuff like permissions, etc and they are
all fine.

Does this kind of thing ring a bell with anyone? Is there anywhere else
I should be looking for clues to fix this?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street