Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2016/08/11 00:01:35 UTC

[ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.0.1 Released

The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
Kafka 0.10.0.1.
This is a bug fix release that fixes 53 issues in 0.10.0.0.

All of the changes in this release can be found in the release notes:
*https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.10.0.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.10.0.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html>*

Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system
rethought of as a distributed commit log.

** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads
and writes per second from thousands of clients.

** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the
central data backbone for a large organization. It can be elastically and
transparently expanded without downtime. Data streams are partitioned
and spread over a cluster of machines to allow data streams larger than
the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of co-ordinated
consumers.

** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the
cluster to prevent data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages
without performance impact.

** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that
offers strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.

You can download the source release from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.0.1/kafka-0.10.0.1
-src.tgz

and binary releases from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.0.1/kafka_2.10-0.10.
0.1.tgz
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.0.1/kafka_2.11-0.10.
0.1.tgz

A big thank you for the following people who have contributed to the
0.10.0.1 release.

Alex Glikson, Alex Loddengaard, Alexey Romanchuk, Ashish Singh, Avi Flax,
Damian Guy, Dustin Cote, Edoardo Comar, Eno Thereska, Ewen
Cheslack-Postava, Flavio Junqueira, Florian Hussonnois, Geoff Anderson,
Grant Henke, Greg Fodor, Guozhang Wang, Gwen Shapira, Henry Cai, Ismael
Juma, Jason Gustafson, Jeff Klukas, Jendrik Poloczek, Jeyhun Karimov,
Liquan Pei, Manikumar Reddy O, Mathieu Fenniak, Matthias J. Sax, Maysam
Yabandeh, Mayuresh Gharat, Mickael Maison, Moritz Siuts, Onur Karaman,
Philippe Derome, Rajini Sivaram, Rollulus, Ryan Pridgeon, Samuel Taylor,
Sebastien Launay, Sriharsha Chintalapani, Tao Xiao, Todd Palino, Tom
Crayford, Tom Rybak, Vahid Hashemian, Wan Wenli, Yuto Kawamura.

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
http://kafka.apache.org/

Thanks,
Ismael

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.0.1 Released

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ismael for managing the release!

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.0.1 Released

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.0.1 Released

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Woohoo!

--
Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.0.1 Released

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Woohoo!

--
Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent

Re: [kafka-clients] [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.10.0.1 Released

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Ismael,

Thanks for running the release.

Jun