Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by "Inger, Matthew" <In...@Synygy.com> on 2004/07/28 16:30:43 UTC

PortalContext configuration

I've been trying (unsucessfully) to get an initialization parameter to my
portlet.   I'm using tomcat 4.1.30, and have put the following in my
server.xml
file:

        <Context path="/pluto" docBase="pluto" crosscontext="true">
            <parameter name="param1" value="dummy" />
        </Context>

        <Context path="/testsuite" docBase="testsuite" crosscontext="true"
/>
        <Context path="/testportlet" docBase="testportlet"
crosscontext="true" />

I have tried with and without the context entries for "testsuite" and
"testportlet", and
as long as i have the context entry for "/pluto", i get the following error:

INFO: Initializing PortletContainer [pluto]...
Jul 28, 2004 10:21:20 AM org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.log.LoggerImpl
error
SEVERE: ServletContext '/testsuite' not found!

I'd like to do the following in my portlet:

public class TestPortlet extends GenericPortlet {
    public void init(PortletConfig config) {
         super.init(config);
         String param1 =
config.getPortletContext().getInitParameter("param1");
    }
}

Does anyone have any suggestoins on what i can do to get configuration items
into my portlet?  Keep in mind these are site configurable items, so they
can't be hardcoded
anywhere, or be in portlet.xml