Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by osian <os...@osian.me.uk> on 2006/12/08 10:01:25 UTC

Consumer Hanging

Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ4.1, and I seem to have consumers that stop consuming at
random times.  I am trying to do a large test, where one JMS message is
posted, it then gets processed, acknowledged, and then due to processing,
multiple messages may be posted onto the queue.
I am using CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE for the receive queue, along with
receive(5000) (note I have tried it with message listeners, and auto
acknowledge), and the post queue is AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE.

I cant seem to work out why the consumers are hanging, any pointers would be
beneficial,

Thanks in advance,
Osian

Re: Consumer Hanging

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 12/8/06, osian <os...@osian.me.uk> wrote:

> We are now running a fresh test to see if we can rule out ActiveMQ as the
> problem, or even to try and pickup where and when the consumers are hanging.
> Out of interest, what are you expecting as the Consumer Stats so that I can
> get them if and when the problem occurs.

I want to see all the stats on all the relevant subscription MBeans
when you experience a hang to deduce where the problem is. Otherwise
we've not got a whole lot to work on.

--

James
-------

Re: Consumer Hanging

Posted by osian <os...@osian.me.uk>.

Re: Consumer Hanging

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Consumer Hanging

Posted by osian <os...@osian.me.uk>.

Re: Consumer Hanging

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
What do the statistics look like in JMX?

On 12/8/06, osian <os...@osian.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using ActiveMQ4.1, and I seem to have consumers that stop consuming at
> random times.  I am trying to do a large test, where one JMS message is
> posted, it then gets processed, acknowledged, and then due to processing,
> multiple messages may be posted onto the queue.
> I am using CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE for the receive queue, along with
> receive(5000) (note I have tried it with message listeners, and auto
> acknowledge), and the post queue is AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE.
>
> I cant seem to work out why the consumers are hanging, any pointers would be
> beneficial,
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Osian

James