Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jochen Berger <fo...@googlemail.com> on 2010/09/10 08:32:42 UTC

Re: How to serve "nearly static" resources

Hi again,

so at least this use case does not seem to be trivial. ;-)
But as the answers stay away, maybe it didn't become clear from my
explanations. If you'd tell me, which parts were not understandable, I
could try to rephrase them.

Regards,
Jochen

Re: How to serve "nearly static" resources

Posted by Jochen Berger <fo...@googlemail.com>.
Howard,

Am Freitag, den 10.09.2010, 09:08 -0700 schrieb Howard Lewis Ship:
> In 5.2 there's an AssetDispatcher service that can be contributed to;
> the built in contributions are for context assets, classpath assets,
> and stack assets (i.e., aggregated JavaScript libraries).  You can add
> your own AssetRequestHandler.

Ok, I'll have another go at this approach then. I already tried it but
unfortunately I can't remember why I gave it up.

> You can look at some of the existing AssetRequestHandlers for an idea
> of how to handle an infrequently changing asset ... perhaps have a
> version id as part of the URL and increment it when the content of the
> asset changes.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind. Remember the last timestamp when the
data changed and hex-encoding it into the URL, like what is done with
zone updates.

Thanks a lot,
Jochen

Re: How to serve "nearly static" resources

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Seems to me that your are on the right track.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Jochen Berger <fo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> so at least this use case does not seem to be trivial. ;-)
> But as the answers stay away, maybe it didn't become clear from my
> explanations. If you'd tell me, which parts were not understandable, I
> could try to rephrase them.
>
> Regards,
> Jochen

Howard M. Lewis Ship