Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gr...@aegonuk.co.uk on 2003/05/06 11:47:57 UTC

Integrating Jboss ( 3.0.6) ... with existing Tomcat .... ( I am a newbie to Jboss ) ....

Hi all,

	My env ....
	------------------------------------
		* Windows XP professional ...
		* Apache 2.0.44
		* Tomcat 4.1.18
		* ModJK
		All is fine over here ...

	What I want ...
	------------------------------------

	Want to use the existing Tomcat 4.1.18 ( because i have my existing
web application running fine .. )
	Want the Jboss container to use the configuration of my existing
tomcat ( for all the host and context based information )
	Want to use Jboss seperately ( for my EJBS ONLY ) .....

	My questions
	------------------------------------

	Can this be done?
	Can i use a different deployment directory ( custom directory for
deployment of ejbs for JBOSS )
	If anyone has good documentation ( or links ) please send it to me

	Downloaded  jboss 3.0.6_tomcat4.1.18 ( cant find jboss 3.0.6
standalone because i dont want the jetty one )

	If any one has queries please ask ....

Thanks & Regards
Guru :-)

Gurumoorthy Raghupathy
Email : graghupathy@aegonuk.co.uk
Phone : 0044 20 72404801
Mobile : 07745988336

Re: Integrating Jboss ( 3.0.6) ... with existing Tomcat .... ( I am a newbie to Jboss ) ....

Posted by ha...@informatiefabriek.nl.
Yes, you can use JBoss seperately with Tomcat.
Just install JBoss, and keep your original tomcat installation running.

Cheers,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands