Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/10/30 21:33:32 UTC

Re: some "newbie" questions

Neeme Praks wrote:

> While updating i18n support, I got some questions about Avalon and how
> Cocoon relates to it:
> * I made ResourceBundleSelector Composable... how should Cocoon get a hold
> of ResourceBundleSelector? manager.lookup(String role)?

Well, if the Selector is a Component, and it is included in the Component
Manager, then that should be correct.

> * if Cocoon should use manager.lookup(String role), who takes care of the
> lifecycle methods like setting the logger and configuring that beast? Where
> should I stick the configuration entries?

:)  That would be Excalibur Component Manager.

> Did we have some FAQ also somewhere?

I think we used to.  Check in the Framework/Excalibur specific parts of the
web site.

--

"Those who would trade liberty for
 temporary security deserve neither"