Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si> on 2006/08/14 20:03:54 UTC

Rule for non-DK-signed mail from yahoo

Having received a couple of messages faking to be from yahoo,
despite FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD and few other rules firing, the final
score was not high enough. Since Yahoo! is signing their
outgoing mail with DomainKeys, I came up with:

  header   __L_FROM_YAHOO    From:addr =~ /[@.]yahoo\.com$/i
  meta     UNVERIFIED_YAHOO  __L_FROM_YAHOO && !DK_VERIFIED
  priority UNVERIFIED_YAHOO  500
  score    UNVERIFIED_YAHOO  5.0

which seems to do its job.

I had to experiment with priority - are there any guidelines fo this?
Is this a way to go? - any obvious improvements?

  Mark

Re: Rule for non-DK-signed mail from yahoo

Posted by SM <sm...@resistor.net>.
At 11:03 14-08-2006, Mark Martinec wrote:
>Having received a couple of messages faking to be from yahoo,
>despite FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD and few other rules firing, the final
>score was not high enough. Since Yahoo! is signing their
>outgoing mail with DomainKeys, I came up with:
>
>   header   __L_FROM_YAHOO    From:addr =~ /[@.]yahoo\.com$/i
>   meta     UNVERIFIED_YAHOO  __L_FROM_YAHOO && !DK_VERIFIED
>   priority UNVERIFIED_YAHOO  500
>   score    UNVERIFIED_YAHOO  5.0
>
>which seems to do its job.

The score is too high.  Some From: yahoo.com mail may not be DK
signed.  DK verification may fail if the mail goes through mailing lists.

Regards,
-sm