Posted to dev@gossip.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/14 00:55:09 UTC

With GOSSIP-13 done, its on like donky kong :)

Gossip-13 enables us to do a few things.

1) Gossip custom message types
2) Implement a TCP based protocol (with a few more tweeks)

Some open items we might want to tackle are:
1) Adding dropwizard metrics
2) creating a program/test that can do testing of different cluster sizes
and report convergence times from different events
3) custom data
4) how to commit guide
5) tacking first release

I would really like to have 2 before 5. I know that first incubator
releases do not have to be fully 'baked' but I want to be able to say more
about the capability than 'it passes N unit tests'

Any other ideas? Lets get them queued up!

Re: With GOSSIP-13 done, its on like donky kong :)

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Generally if you have to many clean/up refactor tickets it means that
during features too much tech debt is being made. However I have no express
problem with someone taking a ticket to refactor/cleanup something that
does not look right.

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.