Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by karthik G <be...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/15 13:25:28 UTC

tapestry prop / ognl?

Should i be using tapestry prop in place of ognl? Is this norm when
developing with tapestry?

http://howardlewisship.com/tapestry-javaforge/tapestry-prop/

Please do let me know as we are at a very early in the project and would
like to adopt the best option.

thanks,
Karthik

Re: Re: tapestry prop / ognl?

Posted by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com>.
use prip where you can for its speed and ognl where you can't.

--sam

Re: tapestry prop / ognl?

Re: tapestry prop / ognl?

Posted by karthik G <be...@gmail.com>.
Great! thank you all. We will also adopt a similar approach

thanks
Karthik

Re: tapestry prop / ognl?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karthik -

I would use prop wherever possible, and at least consider writing new
methods in Java for the places that you can't currently use it. Not only
does that increase the amount of code that you can unit test, but you'll see
definite speed improvements. Changing BeanForm to use prop instead of ognl
more than halved its typical rendering time. According to Howard, there's a