Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/04/27 00:30:28 UTC

[Java SDO CTS] SequenceAddOpenTest and SequenceAddTypedTest

Hi,

I was looking at the two new SequenceAdd... tests and noticed quite a few
bugs in them. I fixed the bugs and and moved them into the accepted test
suite.

Most of the failures were because it seemed to be expecting non string
values to be converted to String. For example:

        testSequence.add(0, openProp, new Boolean(false));
        assertEquals("false", testSequence.getValue(0));

This was failing (as expected) because the value retuned by
testSequence.getValue(0) was of type Boolean. I change it to this:

        assertEquals(Boolean.FALSE, testSequence.getValue(0));

after which it worked fine.

Another problem was that the demand-created properties in
testAddBooleanByName() should be of type "BooleanObject", not "String",
i.e., I changed this line:

        assertEquals("String", prop.getType().getName());

to this:

        assertEquals("BooleanObject", prop.getType().getName());

The spec says that the type of the property is the same type that would be
returned by calling TypeHelper.getType(value.getClass()). In this case
"java.lang.Boolean" will map to the SDO type "BooleanObject".

Finally, the last set of problems, were caused by the known nasty SDO
problem with overloadded add() methods in the Sequence interface
(deprecated in SDO 2.1, but still causing the problem until they are
removed in SDO 3). For example, this line in
testAddStringByPropertyIndex():

        testSequence.add(0, new String("testString2"));

needed to be changed to this:

        testSequence.add(0, (Object)new String("testString2"));

Otherwise, the add call will add a text entry at postion 0 in the
Sequence, instead of setting property number 0.

With all of the above changes, the two tests work fine now.

Frank.

RE: [Java SDO CTS] SequenceAddOpenTest and SequenceAddTypedTest

Posted by Andy Grove <gr...@roguewave.com>.
Frank,

I tried "mvn clean" and it makes no difference. There's clearly
something broken here but I'm new to maven so I'm not sure where to
start looking. This is the output I get.

Thanks,

Andy.

 T E S T S
Running test.sdo21.vendor.tuscany.tests.AdoptedCtsTestSuite
 default null
CTS_TEST_HELPER was not set - attempting Tuscany implementation : null
Loaded test.sdo21.vendor.tuscany.testHelper.TuscanyTestHelper
Tests run: 388, Failures: 3, Errors: 23, Skipped: 3, Time elapsed: 2.067
sec <<< FAILURE!

Results :

Failed tests:
  testAddBooleanByName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTypedTest)
  testAddBooleanByProperty(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTypedTest)
  testAddStringByProperty(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTypedTest)

Tests in error:
  testGetInstancePropertiesSize(test.sdo21.tests.api.DataObjectTest)
  test_cT_46(test.sdo21.tests.xsd.XSDComplexTypeTest)
  testAddBooleanByName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddOpenTest)

testAddBooleanByPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddOpenTest)

testAddBooleanByIndexAndPropertyName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddOpe
nTest)

testSequenceAddBooleanByIndexAndPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.Seque
nceAddOpenTest)
  testAddStringByName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddOpenTest)
  testAddStringByPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddOpenTest)

testAddStringByIndexAndPropertyName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddOpen
Test)

testSequenceAddStringByIndexAndPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.Sequen
ceAddOpenTest)
  testAddCharacterByName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddOpenTest)

testAddCharacterByPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddOpenTest
)

testAddCharacterByIndexAndPropertyName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddO
penTest)

testSequenceAddCharacterByIndexAndPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.Seq
uenceAddOpenTest)

testAddBooleanByPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTypedTest)

testAddBooleanByIndexAndPropertyName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTyp
edTest)

testAddBooleanByIndexAndProperty(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTypedTe
st)
  testAddStringByName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTypedTest)

testAddStringByPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTypedTest)

testAddStringByIndexAndPropertyName(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddType
dTest)

testAddStringByIndexAndProperty(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTypedTes
t)

testAddBooleanByIndexAndPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTy
pedTest)

testAddStringByIndexAndPropertyIndex(test.sdo21.tests.api.SequenceAddTyp
edTest)

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Andy,