Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com> on 2013/07/11 06:10:00 UTC

Advanced Networking

Greetings,

I've been trying to get this advanced networking going on my server. However, it's just not working; I am utilizing 1 server for everything. KVM |CentOS 6.4| CS 4.1, is there a trick to this that I am JUST not getting. Along with that, it works without issues in basic mode.

I just wanted the ability to add additional NIC (IPs) to instances instead of the one provided from DHCP.�

Can someone perhaps point me into the right direction?

- Maurice

Re: Advanced Networking

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi Maurice,

Did you try adding multiple ips to nic ?
API: addIpToNic, from  UI you can acquire ips to nic at VM NIC tab.
After acquiring ip, you need to manually configure that ip in the VM.

Thanks,
Jayapal

Re: Advanced Networking

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 04:10:00AM +0000, Maurice Lawler wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've been trying to get this advanced networking going on my server. However, it's just not working; I am utilizing 1 server for everything. KVM |CentOS 6.4| CS 4.1, is there a trick to this that I am JUST not getting. Along with that, it works without issues in basic mode.
>
> I just wanted the ability to add additional NIC (IPs) to instances instead of the one provided from DHCP.
>
> Can someone perhaps point me into the right direction?
>

> - Maurice

Can you give us more information, like logs or what errors you are
getting?