Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/23 20:40:14 UTC

0.7 branch

Hello,
I am going to create a Nutch 0.7 maintenance branch. I would like to
make 0.7.1 release about 15th of September.
I would like to add some simple bugfixes there (e.g. README.txt bad
content, bad targets in plugin build.xml and maybe a couple of others).
Andrzej wanted to commit latest clustering code there - is it still a
valid plan? Do others have any plans for 0.7.1 release? Or objections
against it? Or against release date?
Regards,
Piotr

Re: 0.7 branch

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
If you need any help with that you know whom to call. I know of at least
one issue with search.jsp that should be fixed -- the clustering
attribute isn't always rewritten the way it should.

D.

Re: 0.7 branch

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: 0.7 branch

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> > I am going to create a Nutch 0.7 maintenance branch. I would like to
> > make 0.7.1 release about 15th of September.
> > I would like to add some simple bugfixes there (e.g. README.txt bad
> > content, bad targets in plugin build.xml and maybe a couple of
> > others).

OK for 15.9 for me.
What about including some patches still waiting in JIRA?
Can committers take a look at the JIRA issues and then tests the patches
provided and commit them if ok?
I recently began with this process and commited some patches sleeping in
JIRA for a while, but for some of them I don't know if they should be
commited. For instance what's about the most popular issues? I'm ready to
test some of these patches and commit them if no objections ("Did you mean"
query enhancement, Parser plugin for MS Powerpoint, Parser plugin for Excel
files, Parser plugin for Zip files)

 Do others have any plans for 0.7.1 release?

Yes.
* I want to begin to commit my devs about adding a new Analysis extension
point, and perhaps some french and german analyzers plugins. This code is
already tested and there's no regression or changes in Nutch if analysis
plugins are not added in the configuration (seems to be a safe modification)
* I plan to correct the problem you found in reading UTF-8 input stream in
the language identifier.

Regards

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Re: 0.7 branch

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
ogjunk-nutch@yahoo.com wrote:
> 15.9. is almost a month away.  I think it would be good to take a look
> at Kelvin's modifications and include it either in 0.7.1, or maybe 0.8
> (without map-reduce, which would then be in 0.9).

I don't see the rush to get Kelvin's code into a 0.7 release.  These
should be bug-fix releases, not adding new features.  There should be no
incompatible changes in the 0.7.x releases, so Kelvin's patches should
remain effective on 0.7.x releases.  We should consider merging these
patches into trunk for eventual release with 0.8.

Doug

Re: 0.7 branch

Posted by og...@yahoo.com.
15.9. is almost a month away.  I think it would be good to take a look
at Kelvin's modifications and include it either in 0.7.1, or maybe 0.8
(without map-reduce, which would then be in 0.9).

Kelvin, you should put your code in Jira.

Otis