Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dan Yi <dy...@mediosystems.com> on 2012/07/20 02:44:41 UTC

use S3 as input to MR job

i have a MR job to read file on amazon S3 and process the data on local hdfs. the files are zipped text file as .gz. i tried to setup the job as below but it won't work, anyone know what might be wrong? do i need to add extra step to unzip the file first? thanks.

String S3_LOCATION = "s3n://access_key:private_key@bucket_name"

protected void prepareHadoopJob() throws Exception {

    this.getHadoopJob().setMapperClass(Mapper1.class);
    this.getHadoopJob().setInputFormatClass(TextInputFormat.class);

    FileInputFormat.addInputPath(this.getHadoopJob(), new Path(S3_LOCATION));

    this.getHadoopJob().setNumReduceTasks(0);
    this.getHadoopJob().setOutputFormatClass(TableOutputFormat.class);
    this.getHadoopJob().getConfiguration().set(TableOutputFormat.OUTPUT_TABLE, myTable.getTableName());
    this.getHadoopJob().setOutputKeyClass(ImmutableBytesWritable.class);
    this.getHadoopJob().setOutputValueClass(Put.class);
}

[cid:73FA9081-776F-4031-93E2-EFC1A9FEAD76]
Dan Yi | Software Engineer, Analytics Engineering
Medio Systems Inc | 701 Pike St. #1500 Seattle, WA 98101
Predictive Analytics for a Connected World

Re: use S3 as input to MR job

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
Are you sure that you prepare your MR code to work with mutiple files?
This example (WordCount) works with a single input.

You should take a look to the MultipleInput API for this.
Best wishes

--
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda,
Data Engineer && Senior System Administrator at UCI

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Re: use S3 as input to MR job

Posted by Ben Kim <be...@gmail.com>.