Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@graphity.org> on 2013/04/25 14:21:14 UTC

Context for SPARQL Graph Store Protocol?

Hey,

could the Context configuration approach be extended to Graph Store
Protocol access? At least for authentication purposes.

I have extended the DatasetGraphAccessorHTTP (it probably comes from
Fuseki) to use Context in a similar way I had done with
QueryEngineHTTP, which resulted in the JENA-405 fix:
https://github.com/Graphity/graphity-ldp/blob/rf-input-mode/src/main/java/org/graphity/update/DatasetGraphAccessorHTTP.java

I think this would be a useful feature, as Graph Stores are just as
likely to use authentication as SPARQL endpoints.

Martynas
graphity.org

Re: Context for SPARQL Graph Store Protocol?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 25/04/13 13:21, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> Hey,
>
> could the Context configuration approach be extended to Graph Store
> Protocol access? At least for authentication purposes.
>
> I have extended the DatasetGraphAccessorHTTP (it probably comes from
> Fuseki) to use Context in a similar way I had done with
> QueryEngineHTTP, which resulted in the JENA-405 fix:
> https://github.com/Graphity/graphity-ldp/blob/rf-input-mode/src/main/java/org/graphity/update/DatasetGraphAccessorHTTP.java
>
> I think this would be a useful feature, as Graph Stores are just as
> likely to use authentication as SPARQL endpoints.
>
> Martynas
> graphity.org

Good idea.  The SPARQL query and update use it for security so a shared
approach would be good.

How about contributing that (ideally patch against the current codebase
because it looks to be pre-Apache-Jena) via a JIRA?

	Andy