Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Johnson <st...@parisgroup.net> on 2010/07/28 20:43:19 UTC

Good writeup on deploying and using SNAPSHOTs?

  I've been using maven for a number of years, but purely on the
consumer (build dependency management) side of things.  Now, I'm trying
to figure out how deployment and consuming of my own deployed artifacts
works in maven.  Specifically, I'm trying to figure out how to start
using maven's SNAPSHOT functionality.

I am struggling.  I have been unable to find a good writeup on just how
all of this works.  It seems that the repository has to be able to
generate metadata (.xml files) to keep track of the current snapshot
version.  My current method of deploying doesn't seem to be doing this.

Is there a good writeup on setting all of this up?  If so, I have been
unable to find it.  If someone knows of such documentation and could
point me to it, I'd greatly appreciate it.  If not, why doesn't this
documentation exist?

TIA for any help!

Steve

Re: Good writeup on deploying and using SNAPSHOTs?

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
If you are building your artifacts with Maven, you should run "mvn deploy".

deploy:deploy-file should not hang on you like this and you should ask
about that on the Nexus users list.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> functionality works in maven.  One of the tutorials states that it will be
> discussed later in the document, but it never is.

File a JIRA and perhaps someone will address it in the documentation.

Wayne

Re: Good writeup on deploying and using SNAPSHOTs?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/pom-relationships-sect-pom-syntax.html#pom-relationships-sect-snapshot-versions

Posted by Steve Johnson <st...@parisgroup.net>.
  Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, I guess I can try that if you think my trouble is really on the
Nexus side.  I just wish there was some documentation for this stuff on
the maven side.  I've found nothing that clearly explains how the
snapshot functionality works in maven.  One of the tutorials states that

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Johnson <st...@parisgroup.net>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.