Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rashmi <ra...@seat.de> on 2008/02/06 12:48:32 UTC

MyFaces-Orchestra-ViewController : NullpointerException

Hello,

      currently I am using Orchestra in Portlet Environment and faced with
ViewController exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationManager.getInstance(ConversationManager.java:90)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationManager.getInstance(ConversationManager.java:76)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.spring.AbstractSpringOrchestraScope.getBean(AbstractSpringOrchestraScope.java:125)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.spring.AbstractSpringOrchestraScope.get(AbstractSpringOrchestraScope.java:117)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:285)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:733)
	at
org.springframework.web.jsf.DelegatingVariableResolver.resolveVariable(DelegatingVariableResolver.java:122)
	at
com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyELContext$LegacyELResolver.getValue(LegacyELContext.java:134)
	at com.sun.el.parser.AstIdentifier.getValue(AstIdentifier.java:44)
	at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:85)
	at com.sun.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:183)
	at
com.sun.facelets.el.TagValueExpression.getValue(TagValueExpression.java:71)
	at
com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyValueBinding.getValue(LegacyValueBinding.java:56)
	at javax.faces.component.UIData.getValue(UIData.java:1023)
	at javax.faces.component.UIData.createDataModel(UIData.java:789)
	at javax.faces.component.UIData.getDataModel(UIData.java:769)
	at javax.faces.component.UIData.getRowCount(UIData.java:194)

      Any solution?

Thanks and Regards,
Rashmi

Re: MyFaces-Orchestra-ViewController : NullpointerException

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mario,

just shooting into the dark: do you have a phase-listener registered
before restore-view for Orchestra? This phase-listener will not be
called in the portlet-case if only rendering is executed.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: MyFaces-Orchestra-ViewController : NullpointerException

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Mario,

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
>       currently I am using Orchestra in Portlet Environment and faced with
> ViewController exception:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationManager.getInstance(ConversationManager.java:90)
> 	at

Seems like the same problem as in your other thread.