Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@cyberneko.net> on 2007/12/15 04:17:10 UTC

[Announce] CyberNeko HTML Parser 1.9.6 Release

After acouple years of inactivity, NekoHTML users wrote
me to inquire about the future of the project. Thanks to
their persistence, NekoHTML now has a new home and a new
release!

There are some major organizational changes in the new
release. First and foremost, I moved the development to
SourceForge and changed the license to a pure Apache 2.0
license.

Another important change is the updated version number.
The new version marks the fresh start at SourceForge and
indicates that the project is mature and stable.

In addition, the implementation was updated to be
compatible with the newest version of Xerces and the
latest XNI API changes. And a number of outstanding
bugs were fixed.

The only change that could affect users is that the
minimum Java version required to run NekoHTML was
increased to Java 1.3. If this causes any problems
for existing users, please let us know by posting to
the Users mailing list. The email address is included
at the end of this message.

The move to SourceForge gives the project a lot of
things that were missing before including a publicly
available source control system, bug tracking, mailing
lists, release management, and more! In addition, I am
opening up the development to more contributors to make
sure that the project has a long, prosperous future.

Here are some important links:

  Docs    - http://nekohtml.sourceforge.net/
  Project - http://sourceforge.net/projects/nekohtml
  Mail    - nekohtml-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Enjoy!

P.S. Sorry for spamming a bunch of the Apache lists
but it's been a loooong time since the last release
and wanted to reach as many people as possible.

--
Andy Clark - andy@cyberneko.net