Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Benjamin Asbach <ne...@impl.it> on 2020/03/04 12:03:08 UTC

https redirection for apache.netbeans.org

Hi,

I wonder if it's supposed that http://apache.netbeans.org does not
redirect to https://apache.netbeans.org?

Maybe enable HSTS would be another option too.

--
Thanks
Benjamin

Re: netbeans.org rerouting to netbeans.apache.org (was Re: https redirection for apache.netbeans.org)

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Let's go then.

Do we want to also redirect wiki.netbeans.org to
netbeans.apache.org/wiki and platform.netbeans.org/tutorials to
netbeans.apache.org/tutorials or do we want to do that later on?

Thanks,
Antonio

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Let’s do the incremental approach — and we can do all this on the Apache
side, without Infra involvement, right? If so, shall we start with the home
page and see how it goes?

Gj

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

I've just seen this message.

The suggested order is to follow baby steps in this order:

1. Reroute netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org.
2. See if anything breaks.
3. Enforce https on the site.
4. See if anything breaks.

We tried 1. above a while back, and we discovered that the build system
downloaded DTDs via plain http.

I think the build system uses local DTDs now (and we already have all
DTDs in place in netbeans.apache.org), but maybe 1. above fails again.

Once we check 1. works we can proceed with 3, and see if all tooling is
able to dowload DTDs using HTTPS.

Kind regards,
Antonio

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
If we can, we should.

Gj

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
I see other TLP project having redirect.

It's better for referencing to be https ?

Regards
Eric

Maybe before adding HSTS Headers it would make sense to do a
redirect/rewrite to see if some other issues pop up with forced ssl.

---
Thanks
Benjamin

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.