Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net> on 2003/03/15 15:37:39 UTC

Jelly as MarkupLanguage Was Re: Flows with Jelly as backend?

<snip/>

> I would personally dislike this option because Jelly is rewriting a
> programming language using a markup language syntax, which is, IMHO, a
> very bad thing to do.

Well, disliking Jelly on the ServerSide I think Jelly-Swing on the
client-side
would be a quite interesting option.
Not using a standard-HTML browser but a Java-Swing-Jelly application
receiving
its UI from Cocoon as Jelly-Swing XML.
I think that would quite interesting, and to some sort quite flexible

Re: Jelly as MarkupLanguage Was Re: Flows with Jelly as backend?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Bernhard Huber wrote:
> <snip/>
>

>> I would personally dislike this option because Jelly is rewriting a
>> programming language using a markup language syntax, which is, IMHO, a
>> very bad thing to do.
>

> Well, disliking Jelly on the ServerSide I think Jelly-Swing on the
> client-side
> would be a quite interesting option.
> Not using a standard-HTML browser but a Java-Swing-Jelly application
> receiving
> its UI from Cocoon as Jelly-Swing XML.
> I think that would quite interesting, and to some sort quite flexible

I'm talking on the context of flow replacement, I don't mean to judge
Jelly in any other way.

Stefano.

Re: Jelly as MarkupLanguage Was Re: Flows with Jelly as backend?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 15/3/03 14:37, "Bernhard Huber" <be...@a1.net> wrote:

> <snip/>
>

>> I would personally dislike this option because Jelly is rewriting a
>> programming language using a markup language syntax, which is, IMHO, a
>> very bad thing to do.
>
> Well, disliking Jelly on the ServerSide I think Jelly-Swing on the
> client-side
> would be a quite interesting option.
> Not using a standard-HTML browser but a Java-Swing-Jelly application
> receiving
> its UI from Cocoon as Jelly-Swing XML.
> I think that would quite interesting, and to some sort quite flexible

Small, fast, and does the trick...

http://www.mycgiserver.com/~thinlet/

Oh, and it's 28 KB overall! :-) :-)

    Pier