Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/03/01 08:07:32 UTC

Re: [DTD patch] blocks in table cells

Steven Noels wrote:
> If they want so, they can have it (but I'm no big fan of nested tables
> in XML docs, especially since they are most often only used to mimic bad
> HTML layout practice, using (nested) tables for layout purposes).
>
> +0
>
> But Sam sure knows all about that ;-)

I also do not want to encourage such bad practices. The trouble
is that if we allow such a construct in the DTD then it is there
for all to abuse.

> </Steven>
>
> ps: Stefano, are you sure you are diff'ing against the correct DTD? I
> see document-v10.dtd being mentioned. Remember DTD's in
> src\documentation\xdocs\dtd are there only because of the Centipede
> import, we should upgrade or replace these with our own 1.1 version,
> located in src\resources\schemas

I have continued this part in a separate thread ...
"rationalise storage of DTDs and other entities"

-- David Crossley

<skip summary="diff against document-v10.dtd">