Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Hau, Carsten" <Ca...@materna.de> on 2003/04/17 13:52:08 UTC

Trouble with FOP DR1

Hello,
I downloaded a snapshot from the redesign branch and built it.
Now using the two created jar-files to create PDF doesn't work, I get a
message like this:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/io/output/CountingOutputStream
(...and a real huge stacktrace...)

Im using a modification of the ExampleXML2PDF.java-code.
Did I forget to include some classes (it compiles normally) or is ist a bug
?
Greetz
Carsten

Re: Trouble with FOP DR1

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
FOP HEAD (which you call DR1) has recently gotten a new dependency on
Jakarta Commons IO. You need to add commons-io*.jar to the classpath
(runtime!). The library is in the lib directory.

NoClassDefFoundErrors are seldomly bugs. They are almost always classpath
problems. The code compiles because Ant can add jars to the classpath
dynamically.

On 17.04.2003 13:52:08 Hau, Carsten wrote:
> I downloaded a snapshot from the redesign branch and built it.
> Now using the two created jar-files to create PDF doesn't work, I get a
> message like this:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/io/output/CountingOutputStream
> (...and a real huge stacktrace...)
>
> Im using a modification of the ExampleXML2PDF.java-code.
> Did I forget to include some classes (it compiles normally) or is ist a bug

Jeremias Maerki