Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Craig Niles <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/27 00:36:22 UTC

Irregular exception occurring when restarting iPOJO component instance

Hi all,

I'm getting a strange exception that I'm having a hard time consistently
reproducing or determining the origin of.  It seems related to iPOJO
Component instances defined through a @Configuration option.  It doesn't
occur when I restart the bundle that contains the annotated @Configuration
class; rather, it will happen when the instance is invalidated/revalidated
after updating an installed bundle that registers a required service
(regardless of whether it is an iPOJO component or not).

Sorry for the very vague explanation; I wish I had a more thorough
understanding of what is occurring.

Here is the exact exception:

ERROR: Bundle com.acme.my.package [165] EventDispatcher: Error during
dispatch. (java.lang.NullPointerException)
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl$ServiceReferenceImpl.isAssignableTo(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:577)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.Util.isServiceAssignable(Util.java:280)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeServiceListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:916)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:793)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireServiceEvent(EventDispatcher.java:543)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireServiceEvent(Felix.java:4419)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.registerService(Felix.java:3423)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:346)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.IPojoContext.registerService(IPojoContext.java:395)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.handlers.providedservice.ProvidedService.registerService(ProvidedService.java:351)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.handlers.providedservice.ProvidedServiceHandler.__M_stateChanged(ProvidedServiceHandler.java:503)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.handlers.providedservice.ProvidedServiceHandler.stateChanged(ProvidedServiceHandler.java)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.InstanceManager.setState(InstanceManager.java:560)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.InstanceManager.start(InstanceManager.java:440)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.ComponentFactory.createInstance(ComponentFactory.java:179)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.IPojoFactory.createComponentInstance(IPojoFactory.java:319)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.IPojoFactory.createComponentInstance(IPojoFactory.java:240)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.extender.internal.linker.ManagedType$InstanceSupport$1.call(ManagedType.java:312)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.extender.internal.linker.ManagedType$InstanceSupport$1.call(ManagedType.java:306)
    at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.extender.internal.queue.JobInfoCallable.call(JobInfoCallable.java:114)
    at
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

If there are some iPOJO debug options I should enable that will help
isolate the issue please let me know.