Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ron Piterman <am...@sqttn.org> on 2008/02/29 19:39:32 UTC

Problem with SOAPBinding / parameterStyle

Hi,

I am prototyping with cxf and have some difficulties with a ruby client

I have a simple test service which looks like that:

@WebService
@SOAPBinding()
public interface HelloService {

    @WebMethod
    public String sayHello();

    @WebMethod
    public String say( @WebParam(name="w") StringBean b1 );

    @WebMethod
    public String add( @WebParam(name="s1" )StringBean s1 ,
@WebParam(name="s2") StringBean s2 );

}

and a test case to run against the deployed service.

All tests pass, but when using the Ruby client very verbose parameter
classes are generated. for example, a no parameters call still needs an
IN parameter, even if its empty, so I tried using:
parameterStyle=ParameterStyle.BARE -

but with BARE parameter style my tests (java) fail :(

Any clue ? I would have expected that at least the java client functions
the same with bare or wrapped parameters as cxf should take care of it...

(I am using JAXB data-binding with annotated classes, CXF 2.0.4 )

Thanks,
Ron