Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2018/03/22 15:10:54 UTC

GL Account Defaults

Good morning.  Something strange just happened in Financials that maybe
this group can point me into the right direction

I received a Purchase Order and the system Creating an balancing
Accounting Transaction for "Uninvoiced Item Receipt & Inventory".  I
then marked the vendor invoice as Ready and the system created another
balancing transaction with Accounts Payable and Purchase Price Variance.
 I was expected it to create a transaction moving the dollar amount from
Uninvoiced Item Receipt to accounts payable. My question is where
specifically in the system is the Vendor Invoice transaction configured
for this process?

Thanks,

James

Re: GL Account Defaults

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Good morning James,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 4:10 PM, <ja...@productive1.com> wrote:

> Good morning.  Something strange just happened in Financials that maybe
> this group can point me into the right direction
>
> I received a Purchase Order and the system Creating an balancing
> Accounting Transaction for "Uninvoiced Item Receipt & Inventory".  I
> then marked the vendor invoice as Ready and the system created another
> balancing transaction with Accounts Payable and Purchase Price Variance.

From what I understand, when the vendor invoice has been posted the
Accounts Payable has been Credited (correct) and the Purchase Price
Variance has been Debited (unexpected); could you please share more details
about the invoice transaction (you can find them at the bottom of the
invoice detail screen)?

The account *debited* for each item in a purchase invoice is determined by
the mapping between the invoice item type and the account id as set in this
screen:

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/editInvoiceItemType

In this screen you should see mappings from various purchase invoice item
types (like PINV_FPROD_ITEM) to the "Uninvoiced Item Receipt" account.
Please check what you have there.
As a side note, the "Purchase Price Variance" (that is usually an Expense
account) is used by the system when there is a difference between the
purchase price (in the order) of an item and its value in the purchase
invoice.

Kind regards,

Jacopo