Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2002/12/04 17:57:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 3980 - in trunk/subversion: libsvn_client tests/clients/cmdline libsvn_ra_svn svnserve

ghudson@tigris.org writes:

> * libsvn_client/commit.c
>   (get_ra_editor, svn_client_import): If it looks like we'll need the
>   head revision, get it before getting the commit editor.  The
>   previous order wasn't explicitly prohibited by the ra interface, but
>   it doesn't work with ra_svn (once you get a commit editor the
>   protocol has gone into editor-land and you can't make other requests
>   until you're done editing), and this way is arguably more elegant.
>   It's also the only case of this mis-ordering identified by the test
>   suite.
>
>   We accomplish this by adding an optional latest_rev argument to
>   get_ra_editor; if it is set, get_ra_editor fills it in with the
>   result of get-latest-rev.

This, unfortunately, causes an extra network round-trip for what is
probably the least-usual commit situation -- one that involves
changing dir properties.  I'll fix this for you real quick-like.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>
CollabNet, Inc. | 312-922-2818 p | 312-922-2603 f

Are you developing?