Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2015/11/25 17:21:36 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.0.29 available

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 8.0.29.

Apache Tomcat 8 is an open source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java
WebSocket technologies.

Apache Tomcat 8.0.29 includes fixes for issues identified in 8.0.28 as
well as other enhancements and changes. The notable changes since 8.0.28
include:

- Add an option to control (per context) quoting of EL expressions in
  JSP attributes

- Correct a regression in the fix for 56777 that added support for
  URIs in config file locations

- Add a new RestCsrfPreventionFilter that provides basic CSRF
  protection for REST APIs

-  Use instance manager for WebSocket server endpoint instances

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/changelog.html

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi

Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 5.5.x, 6.0.x and 7.0.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Enjoy!

- The Apache Tomcat team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.0.29 available

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Violeta,

On 11/26/15 2:09 AM, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> Chris,

>> :
>>
>> Violeta,

>>> no(t) work ..."
>>>
>>> Yep you are right.
>>> I fixed it.
>>
>> Also, I'm fairly sure:
>>
>>> Synchronize OpenSSL to JSSE cipher mapping to recent OpenSSL
>>> changes. In particular, TLSv1.0 is no an alias for those ciphers that
>>> require TLSv1 and will no work with SDSLv3.
>>
>> s/SDSLv3/SSLv3/
>
> I fixed that with the first commit. Do I miss something?

Sorry, I only read this thread... I hadn't seen the commits.

-chris

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.0.29 available

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

>:
>
> Violeta,
>
> On 11/25/15 3:00 PM, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> > felix.schumacher@internetallee.de>:

> >> I believe it should have been "TLSv1.0 is no(w) an alias ... and will
> > no(t) work ..."
> >
> > Yep you are right.
> > I fixed it.
>
> Also, I'm fairly sure:
>
> > Synchronize OpenSSL to JSSE cipher mapping to recent OpenSSL
> > changes. In particular, TLSv1.0 is no an alias for those ciphers that
> > require TLSv1 and will no work with SDSLv3.
>
> s/SDSLv3/SSLv3/

I fixed that with the first commit. Do I miss something?

Thanks,
Vily

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Violeta,