Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/24 15:45:46 UTC

some suggestions to address current situation

Hi, all:
     As you all see. BlueSky project is now in a crisis in Apache. But
still, i believe we can push it on with following actions.
    1.move discussions on BlueSky project to mailing list. yes, i know
that some developers are sitting next to each other, however, what you
post in mailing list is not for you to understand but for everyone who
visit this mailing list. And  those voices would attract people who
share the same interest in this project.
    2.prepare for releasing  the newest version system. Which calls
for contributing source code、relevant documents。Update WIKI and
homepage of BlueSky. Personally, I assume we could do this in a month.
    3. get a new mentor. it's pretty important to have a mentor
guiding you to complete a full cycle of successful release.
    4. Set a timeline as a new start of BlueSky. eg, if bluesky can't
act like a normal project in incubation in another 3 months, that
could be an end to this project.
regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

Re: some suggestions to address current situation

Posted by Raghavan Srinivasan <ra...@newconceptinfosys.com>.
Hi everyone
Greetings from India.
We, in India, have been closely following the developments on the Bluesky
front. We had earlier experimented with the server-client version of
Bluesky. I had made a visit when kevin was there. But this could not be
implemented in India because it required specific hardware and the
client-server systems are no more in fashion.
We have been anxiously awaiting a beta version of the web-based version of
Bluesky. This will be very useful for us as a part of the portal we have
created for school teachers and students.
My suggestion is that if you can bring out a simpler version first of
web-based RealClass in the first phase and then add more features to it.
Even if you have a version that works for one teacher and one student first,
that will be useful here.
wishing you all the best
raghavan

2011/6/24 SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com>

> Hi, all:
>     As you all see. BlueSky project is now in a crisis in Apache. But
> still, i believe we can push it on with following actions.
>    1.move discussions on BlueSky project to mailing list. yes, i know
> that some developers are sitting next to each other, however, what you
> post in mailing list is not for you to understand but for everyone who
> visit this mailing list. And  those voices would attract people who
> share the same interest in this project.
>    2.prepare for releasing  the newest version system. Which calls
> for contributing source code、relevant documents。Update WIKI and
> homepage of BlueSky. Personally, I assume we could do this in a month.
>    3. get a new mentor. it's pretty important to have a mentor
> guiding you to complete a full cycle of successful release.
>    4. Set a timeline as a new start of BlueSky. eg, if bluesky can't
> act like a normal project in incubation in another 3 months, that
> could be an end to this project.
> regards,
> Kevin
>
> --
> Bowen Ma a.k.a Samuel Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU
> Shaanxi Province Key Lab. of Satellite and Terrestrial Network Tech
> http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

--
Director
New Concept Information Systems Pvt Ltd.

Re: some suggestions to address current situation

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
2011/6/24 SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, all:
>    3. get a new mentor. it's pretty important to have a mentor
> guiding you to complete a full cycle of successful release.

That's an excellent idea.
If you come up with new mentors before the vote ends, I'll cancel the
vote to end Incubation here at Apache.
I'm ready to extend the vote for three more days.

Good luck!

  Bernd