Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by johne <je...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/16 20:46:50 UTC

Geronimo

Hey all,

I am looking to begin using Servicemix to provide services inside the
Geronimo platform.   The online documentation seems to describe older
versions of Servicemix.   I am very new to SOA, I am not quite seeing how to
get this to work.

Can you point me to documentation on how to get Servicemix in Geronimo 1.1
working or maybe describe it in detail what I need to build and use?  Also
maybe you can tell me how to deploy applications.  I am hoping to get this
working with the new Quartz 1.6 once it comes out of Beta.

So far I have trunk downloaded out of SVN and have it compiled successfully.
Not seeing updated documentation there either, but maybe I am missing
something.   I would consider the documentation pretty important before
coming out of incubation.

Thanks for any help.

John Eichelsdorfer
http://www.jobbank.com

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Geronimo

Posted by "gede06@student.bth.se" <ge...@student.bth.se>.
Hej John,

johne wrote:

> So far I have trunk downloaded out of SVN and have it compiled
> successfully.  Not seeing updated documentation there either, but maybe I
> am missing something.   I would consider the documentation pretty
> important before coming out of incubation.

documentation is an issue, that's right :-( Currently I am filling the user
guide http://goopen.org/confluence/display/SM30UG/User%27s+Guide with
content; others work on this guide as well. A lot of pages are not yet
filled / updated; even small contributions are welcome.

In case you spot errors, missing parts or the like in the updated pages
(have a look at the "info" tab for recent activity), please report that in
one of the mailing lists - of course, an attached patch would be most
welcome ;)

Greetings from Sweden,
Georg